Thread: Value of: Tobias Enstrom to Colorado?
View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
But I thought 2012 was a strong draft? That's all I heard last year after the 2011 draft, which I also recall being touted as "weak" in the weeks leading up to the draft.

The same crap happened in 2012 as well

HF Posters in 2011: "Oh, the 2012 draft is the deepest in years!"

HF Posters in the weeks leading upto 2012 Draft: "It's so weak! 2013 draft is a DEEP Draft!"

PS, I have no comment on the proposed trade, I don't know the values of Jets players, I just know that Little was heavily targeted by the Avs at this past year's Trade Deadline, and one thing we know about GM Greg Sherman, is that once they target a player, they tend to get them.
Talk about missing the forest for the trees. I don't care how strong the draft is, the Jets first is still a potential top 5 pick which is too dangerous to deal considering the uncertainty.

If Avs fans think Enstrom's impending UFA status kills his value that much, I'd rather try to re-sign him or trade him at the deadline to a contender for futures. Trading him in a "hockey deal" is stupid if his value is that low.

FWIW, I think it would be fairly easy for Colorado to re-sign him. It seems like it would be his kind of city for some reason.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote