View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon in canada View Post
Sorry to redirect the conversation, but, I have gathered after reading several threads that Pietrangelo is considered untouchable by most of us, and I concur. However, the one defenseman I would consider better than Petro in the entire NHL, (Yes I think that highly of Petro!), would be Shea Weber. Just out of curiosity, would anybody here trade Pietrangelo for Weber straight up? (Not saying I would do it!) What if Nashville offered Weber and a 1st? Thoughts?
That would be a tough call because if you take Weber off Nashville, that 1st rounder is a top 10 in a very deep draft for high end talent.

Ultimately I think the Blues would pass. Petro is still on his ELC, which to a cap floor budgeted team, the ELC is a big deal. Also the Blues drafted him, patiently developed him and their patience is paying off in a big way. I am a homer, but I really feel that Petro will be a consistent Norris finalist for the next 15 years. Karlsson/Weber are the only 2 defenseman I would even think of moving Petro for, even still I think the Blues keep Petro. He was a huge reason why we traded our former #1 overall defenseman E.j., I don't know if the Blues would have made that move if they had Weber instead of Petro.

That's a tough one, but I would like to see Petro hit his ceiling before entertaining the thought of moving him. If he reaches his ceiling, he will probably be as good, if not better than Weber. Along with the whole loyalty thing, being drafted by the Blues and watching him grow from a kid into one of the best Dman in the league as a 22yr old. The sky is the limit and I think the Blues would want to see him at his apex before moving him. JMO