View Single Post
Old
12-01-2003, 11:01 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Please, Tootoo ain't got nothing on Ott. He has no offensive skills what so ever, isn't a dependable defensive forward (yet) and his hits is all he has. Freaking amazing hits, but that's it. I really don't see what all the fuss is about that kid.. Ott is better at every single aspect and while he is a pretty exciting hitter himself, there are few who hit as hard as Tootoo. Tootoo is like the JYD in the NBA, pumps up the crowd, motivating his teammates and gaining momentum by hussling hard (in this case hitting), but he brings few to no skills to the table if you look at him from an outside perspective.. There's also a reason why Ott ranked above Tootoo every year and on every list that got published while they were still rookies.
I'm not disagreeing, I was just stating the kind of player I enjoy to watch. As a fan who wants his team to succeed, I'd probably give the edge to Ott as he's more complete than Tootoo. As a hockey fanatic however, I would be the most happy man to be able to see Tootoo play 82 times a year. I never saw more than a 4th liner in Tootoo. Doesn't mean I don't love his game to death.