Old
07-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Somewhat surprised and somewhat not about Palmieri being #1, but definitely disagree with it. He's probably proven the most, but I might rank him as low as 4 or 5, probably 4.

As for my pick in this poll, I'll go with Lindholm. You won't find too many guys who are very raw, yet very close to being NHL ready, usually it's one or the other(it only makes sense). From what I've gathered, he is indeed both. If his raw skills develop and match his hockey IQ and skating, wow, this could be a great pick.
I think the problem with Lindholm is that 1) most people haven't seen him, and 2) it's just so early for him as a prospect. He hasn't had an opportunity to really show what he can do. The top 3 prospects(based on what I see in the voting) that are being voted have a couple of years, or more, of development under their belt as an Anaheim prospect. We've heard about, and seen them for a little while now.

In terms of high end potential, I agree with you. I think Lindholm is at the top of the list in terms of his ceiling, and I think in the long run he's going to be a more important player for the Ducks as well. I just think he's too new, and it's not like he's Dumba, or Reinhart where we've seen clips of him, or we've been drooling over him throughout the season as a possible draft pick.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote