View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 11:04 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
So if they trade one of our centers for a defender you win?

If they trade one of our centers for a top line winger or two or three strong prospects I win?

If they don't make a deal by the deadline next year the bet is off though.

I like the Avatar idea.. The loser choses the others Avatar/sig for how long?

I am curious though.. You really don't see a trade involving Downie for a almost ready prospect like Gormley as a possibility or a good move? (Assuming the value is there obviously, hard to judge those things.) I do get that he is unproven but we don't have anything close to a defender with that clear of upside in the system and especially not one that could possibly see NHL ice next season.
Disagree with basically everything you've said in this thread.

Making the playoffs was great for us. All of our young guys got a taste of playoff hockey, which is infinity times better than losing a lot and losing your confidence.

We really don't need more top 10 picks. While they are nice, winning and getting valuable experience is much more important. That draft pick might not even be ready for 2 more years, maybe more if it's a defenseman. Playing meaningful hockey in March and April is the best way for our team to get better, not with high-talent rookies.

Onto the trading roster players for prospects. Why? Most of our core is out of the "developing" stage and coming into their primes, Duchene doesn't count as he has shown he is not ready to be a #1C.

We really don't need more projects to develop and wait for, and even then they may bust.

I don't think he was being that arrogant at all to you, I agree with him. If we are going to trade our current best center, it needs to be for a top pairing, left handed partner for EJ. And they need to be established, not a prospect like Gormley who we might HOPE makes it to his potential. It's kinda common sense, I don't think he's trying to talk down to you or anything, we're all on the same team here.

It comes down to this:

If we trade Stastny (no picks or prospects at this stage in our rebuild) whatever happens to come back needs to include a 3rd line Center, because we'd just be creating a hole to fill another if we don't get one.

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote