Thread: Speculation: Shane Doan (Re-signs with Yotes)
View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 11:30 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Which is a joke if your the GM, I am going to purposefulness let the team I am in charge of fail so I can fire the coach who I don't think is good enough without much outcry or 2nd guessing. All signs of a GM who as Crazy Ike said is weak and not doing his job.

If you think the coach isn't good enough then you fire him and replace him. 2 of the last 5 Cup winners (Pit and LA) changed coaches during their Cup winning years.

Bowman seems to me that he is too weak, not smart enough or not good enough to get the job done.

I don't want the he has talked to all the big FA excuse either, his job is to improve the team not talk about improving the team, actions speak louder then words, and his actions are that he has yet to bring in a real difference maker for this team since taking over and that the holes this team has are not filled.
Its not dissimilar to the situation with the white sox. You can't just fire a championship winning coach on a "whim". While some of us see the coaching problems with the team, I'd wager the vast majority of fans don't and there'd be a lot of backlash from firing the stache. There's a huge amount of politicking involved in firing a coach.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote