Thread: Speculation: Shane Doan (Re-signs with Yotes)
View Single Post
Old
07-10-2012, 05:30 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
Why is it too much for him? I'd sooner spend the $$$ then let it sit and rot. "If" by some chance Stan wants to do something at the deadline, bury Frolik in the minors. He'd be a great asset to this team.
Doan on a 35+ contract with a 6 million cap hit doesn't sound good to me

+ we don't know about the Cap for next year. This could really finish the dreams to get a #1 goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Fan perception no, fans will love you if you win. Bowman seems to be to afraid to really pull the trigger on a big deal because he is afraid of what fans might think. But you can't you have to do what is best for your team, know it's the right move and go ahead. If you are worried about what the fans think so you don't do certain things then yes that is a problem and to me that seems to be in Bowmans mind, don't really change anything then it's not really your fault.
Bowman isn't afraid to pull the trigger. He just isn't stupid. He won't overpay just to get this guy or the other. He has a full roster that will make the POs with a Core that has won the Cup already. He is in no hurry. He will not overpay for a free agent or give away more assets/value than he gets back in a trade. I'm fine with this.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote