Thread: Proposal: mtl - cgy
View Single Post
Old
07-10-2012, 08:15 AM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
Bouwmeester is poor defensively and has negative value now? It really is annoying how these HF memes take root. Check the advanced stats and you'll see Bouwmeester was comparable to his peer group, especially on a team that had a negative differential. Bouwmeester's numbers are also a result of his forwards not getting the job done and backchecking. It's pretty easy to take a minus when you have a forward cherry-picking or not observing his defensive responsibilities. He's worth his contract IMO, but he's become a whipping boy with certain fans because he isn't putting up 40-50 points on a team that struggles to score. There is more to hockey than points, but your previous paragraph leads me to believe that is lost on you.

If I were Calgary I wouldn't go near Subban. The Flames dumped a better version of Subban because they couldn't handle his ego, so why would they go and trade for another egocentric problem? The Flames are looking for character players, not players who are characters. Subban is the latter and a guy I'd stay away from.
You gave me a description of Bartschi's skillset and that's nice, but I could say the same about Gallagher who is also better goal scorer than Bart, imo. I realize the game isn't played on stats sheet but at some point they have to count for something.

As for the bolded, you complain about HF memes then type that last paragraph?