View Single Post
Old
07-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I somewhat agree with this. I would rather Weber gets locked up, but he better hurry up and make a decision (saaay...a 7/31 deadline). I would love if we can get a return for Legwand. I do think, however, that we need to keep Wilson, unless he's packaged for a better offensive threat. Straight up, he doesn't get us jack and I believe he can turn into a force for us, though Trotz needs to give him ice time.
I agree, an August 1st deadline sounds reasonable. Ultimately, I think Weber gets moved before then. I would prefer to give Smith a chance to be our franchise center and move one of our 2nd line centers (since we have two) and use the money to get a "replacement" for Suter.

Save your pennies for next year and consider this a rebuild year with a quick turn over depending on how much we get back for Weber. I would be ok, and actually, would be feeling great if we managed to drop into the bottom 5 in the league and were able to get a top offensive prospect. Our window of opportunity has closed but it can open again very shortly if we get the right young pieces. Look at Pitts or Chicago. Our core and goaltending is better than either of their teams, but their ability to get top picks and grab elite talent has made them power houses. I think we can do the same in less time (especially if we move weber)

Wilson is an enigma. He has consistently shown he is inconsistent and I truly believe as long as Trotz is the coach, Wilson will always struggle. I would rather package him + for a guy like Evander Kane or Burmistrov or even a David Booth. Right now Wilson isn't developing or getting the playing time like he needs to. This is another situation where it might be best for both parties if they part ways sooner rather than later (especially considering who wilson's agent is).

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote