Old
07-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
Shanahan was a much better player and goal scorer then Nash, and when he was disgruntled at Hartford this is what Detroit gave up to get him:

Hartford:

Shanahan: 28 yrs old 52,52,44 goals last 3 full seasons

Glynn: nothing asset

for

Detroit:

Primeau: 25 yr old, 52 pt avg last 3 full seasons at Det on one of the best teams in NHL

Coffey: Coffey said wouldn't play for Harford prior to trade and was traded almost immediately

1st rounder

No way does Nash warrant the same return as Shanahan did at the same point in their careers. The trade was basically Primeau and a 1st for Nash.

Primeau's a better verison of Dubinsky at that point of his career, as their numbers are fairly similar, except for Primeau's one 70 point year, which was a blip on the radar at that point.

I don't see how Dubinsky, Prospect or two, and a 1st rd isn't a similar return, I hope if this rumor is true it is a similar proposal
I don't think you can compare across times like that, but I wouldn't give more than one roster player, whether it be Dubi or AA I don't care.. prefer it to be Dubi after last year but he could easily comeback this year and prove better than AA.

Dealing both, or one + Hagelin no thanks. I like our depth, and want to improve it.

Dubi, prospect, 1st or no deal.. personally I prefer no deal because of that cap hit but Sather seems like he has to do this, so go on..