Thread: Value of: Clarke Macarthur
View Single Post
Old
07-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Ricky Bobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
MacArthur's value is pretty underrated around here. Leafs fans underrated him especially. Also, most people who don't watch Leaf games don't think much of him, even moreso when looking at his stats.

Fact of the matter is, he's had back-to-back 20 goal years - he is one year removed from a 62 point season and he would've hit similar numbers (at least 50 points) if a certain linemate of his scored more than 7 goals this year (looking at you, Kulie).

MacArthur has a wickedly accurate slap shot, he's fast, and he plays with some sandpaper. He's not a fighter but he will fight if he has to, he finishes his checks, and he can score. MacArthur's biggest problem is that he needs top six minutes to be most effective and I feel most teams wouldn't give him that.
The problem with CMac for the Leafs is not the point totals it's the little else that he offers which contributes to the Leafs being an easy team to play against.

Toronto didn't have any problems scoring goals last season but we had a lot of trouble keeping the puck out of our net and the forwards were a big reason.

CMac isn't good defensively and gets knocked off the puck far to easily especially just inside are blueline. Why do you think CMac is never used in a shutdown role or on the penalty kill?

He doesn't need to be traded before the season but I sure hope he's gone part way through the season because Kadri takes his place as a winger who gets secondary powerplay time. If Kadri is given the same opportunity I think he could put up 40-50 points this year.

His offensive numbers are representative of what 2nd line players with secondary powerplay time normally put up. Just like how Ex Leafs Wellwood and Sullivan put up similar numbers last year. Or Stajan, Antropov and Poni put up similar production with similar opportunity when in Toronto.

Based off Andrei Kositsyn getting a 2nd rounder this past deadline. I'd say CMac goes for a 2nd PLUS something like a 3rd/4th OR longshot project prospect.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote