Thread: Proposal: Give Gomez one last chance?
View Single Post
Old
07-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
In the last 4 seasons Bourque has potted 93 goals. He's big, pretty fast and can hit.

Lets give the guy a chance on a team that isn't a complete mess, before we determine he's not even a top 9 calibre guy.

I say put him with Desharnais and Cole. I say Cole because he apparently prefers the right side.

Now that is your 2nd line, and it's flanking Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta.

3rd line: Moen-Eller-Palushaj/Armstrong
4th line: Prust-Noekeleinen-White

I think Palushaj is going to play his way into top 9 minutes, I might even have him too low there.

The Habs have 1 too many NHL calibre forwards and they lack a solid centerman on that 4th line as well.

I continue to presume there will be at least one drastic move by the Habs before the season starts. I can't see Bergevin icing last years line up with Prust and Bouillon added to it...although in all honesty if that team got lucky and was somewhat healthy they might just surprise everyone but me and dominate next year.

So maybe he sees that too... I sure as hell don't buy this whole discussion about how the Habs would rather opt to not do moves, because they want a high pick.

Complete falsehood. Complete. The Habs number 1 goal next year is to win the cup. It's also their only goal.

Just becuase the UFA line up is awful and the Habs don't want to be trading their valued assets doesn't mean that Bergevin has decided to 'hope' for a top 10 pick next year.
goal of every team, every year, is to win the cup... question is how to go about it. Bergie appears confident in following his own plan, as opposed to making desperate moves, i applaud that approach. I don't think he's aiming for a top-10 pick, but I also think he'd take that while sticking to his plan as opposed to making Gomez/Kaberle type desperation moves vainly trying to fix holes regardless of the "cost".

a healthy habs team, with quality coaching & natural progression of young players (Price, Subban, MaxPac, Eller, DD are all poised to be better this year, Emelin, Diaz, Weber, Leblanc to a lesser degree), could easily be a playoff team, and with 2008-like luck, end up with a top-4 spot.

Bourque was bad long before he got to montreal, you can't blame his regressing play/performance since signing his long-term extension on the habs situation. He's a guy who battles with consistency/motivation, when things are going great, he's effective, but when they aren't, he's a borderline 3rd liner at best.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote