View Single Post
Old
07-10-2012, 10:45 AM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Not the first time Caggiano has claimed to have an "inside source:"

Quote:
And here's what Caggiano, who also hosts a Rangers radio show, had to say in his defense:

"I have an inside source with the organization that says the Rangers are actively shopping Scott Gomez and the Canucks long with the Kings and Wild are the three most probable destinations. I was informed that the Rangers would receive (sic) one Sedin in exchange for Gomez and two Sedins if the Rangers included Petr Prucha in the deal. But now, the deal looks to be flat out; Scott Gomez for Ryan Kesler. I'm surprised by this as everyone else and a rumor is a rumor but I'm telling you it's valid. It may not come to fruition, but something is in the works.

How all of this specificity occurred when most of the NHL's executives are fishing near their mountain cabins ... well, who knows? Maybe Sather and Gillis bumped into each other on the beach or something and started talking about Ryan Kelser.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,103850

Notice how all the people who actually do have good sources, such as Brooks, Dreger, etc., never have to say "I have an inside source!" while the frauds always allege that they have some sort of connection.