View Single Post
Old
12-01-2003, 11:46 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
I think it's fair valuewise, but off interest for the Flames as it does not adress their needs as much. At least, for an Iginla return, you better make sure it's helping your team in the positions you seem to lack.

To me, Colalight is the most valueble player coming back, but the Flames would never deal Iggy where a defenseman is the centerpiece. Much less when you realise he'd be behind Lydman, Regerh and Leopold and possible even Gauthier and Warrener for the next few seasons as well. The Flames would also love to fill the offensive gap Iggy is leaving as much as possible. Antropov is a decent throw in and could even be seen as the centerpiece as well, but with Reinprecht maintaining himself as a solid and legit #2, why trade for Antro? Sure he can play left wing or succeed as a checking center, but the Flames biggest needs are top flight scoring forwards, especially when dealing away Iginla.

Tucker, who I, as one of very few, do like, would not be needed in Galgary as much as he would elsewhere, and for the same reasons I explained above. Tucker's game is about grit and aggrevation, sure he can provide occasional offense but the Flames need more then just occasional or an "ok" offensive game.

But it's fair valuewise, especially when you consider how Iggi's been struggling ever since winning the Art-Ross. And even more so when you take his rediculous large contract into account. However, I expect Iggy to be dealt for offense, offense and offense and I am not sure if the Leafs have those kind of assets available if at all.

I am thinking of the likes of Havlat, Spezza, etc.. He'd probably get traded for Gagne + or Havlat +. Such a deal, but not for 2 fringe top 6 forwards who'd likely won't even match Iggy's statistics combined and for a defenseman not needed.