View Single Post
Old
07-10-2012, 12:57 PM
digger18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
I'm referring to him and Suter planning on playing together long before he hit free agency; I guess Minnesota was the only team Suter could get on board with. I think he made up his mind long before and gave false hope to NJ (giving them a lot of lip service). He spurned his team for a fat paycheck and his best bud. They got jack squat for him in return... plus him talking about slowly recruiting other players from Minnesota around the league just made him look like a smug ********.
1) Parise went home, and Suter brought his wife home, when the two players chose Minny.

2) New Jersey could have dealt Parise at the deadline, instead of taking the risk that they took. Same applies to the Preds and Suter. New Jersey got to the Finals, Parise played out his contract, owes the Devils nothing. The Preds also took a risk, and were rewarded with a fairly decent playoff as well.

3) Only an idiot wouldn't start planning for an upcoming free agency status a year, or two before hand. We are talking about a huge life decision for any player. If they wanted to play on a team with each other, then I really dont see what the problem is, if they began disgussing the possibilty a couple of years back?

4) Way too many players around the league have been conditioned to be monotone, and show zero emotion, or give any hint of actual truth when doing an interview, and, or press conference. IMO It was a breath of fresh air seeing these two guys "be real" in the presser yesterday.

I hate the Wild just as much as many Canucks fans do, but to sit there and bash the character of a classy player, simply because he signed with one of our rivals is fairly childish if you ask me. It's no different than the amount of people who have made Justin Schultz out to be a complete piece of garbage (only a day after calling him great), simply because he signed in Edmonton.