Thread: Value of: Tobias Enstrom to Colorado?
View Single Post
Old
07-10-2012, 02:28 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
The problem though is that the difference between Stastny and Little is MUCH closer than the difference between Enstrom and Elliot.
Really..?

Wow that sounds familiar.

Just like when Leafs fans complain that the difference between Bozak and Stastny isn't enough.

NO I am not saying it's the same type of comment but it's close, I think you know what Stastny is capable of if used as a #1 center and given a winger like Kane.

The last time Stastny had a winger of that caliber he put up 79 points and I think you know that.

Anyone getting Stastny would be paying for the potential that he still has (And has shown in 2012 with a .805 PPG% and 9pts in 8GP at the WC) to put up those numbers again with strong wingers. Otherwise we won't be getting enough value back to move him.

Totally get that a center is not as much of a need for the Jets now but that does not change anything on our side.

There is also a big difference in getting Elliott or Barrie now.. And picking up a lot less when he only has a quarter of a season left on his deal at the deadline. Or even losing him for nothing. The lack of contract that Enstrom has pulls his value closer to Elliott or Barrie than you seem to want to admit. Straight up the most I would give up for Enstrom is Barrie + 1st if it was done now.

The way you get Stastny back for Enstrom is by adding a forward. The way we offset that is by adding a ready now defense prospect and then working out some conditional picks going both ways.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 07-10-2012 at 02:37 PM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote