Old
07-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I completely agree.

Further, people compare output of like 2-3 players with what we could get in return for said players in a trade (for example Nash). That's not what it is about.

We as a team can be shut down if we are played perfectly. An elite offensive player cannot be shut down, he is a force "basically" every shift.

That's what we miss more than anything else. We don't even lack scoring over the course of a season. But we lack offense when for example playing NJD in the POs for sure. And with offense I am including just getting the puck up ice and putting the team we play against on their heels. We definitely lack that.
Exactly, we have talent I'm not knocking the team there. But our talent isn't scary outside of say Gaborik and Richards, and if Richards doesn't have someone who can put the puck in the net on his line you just shut him down and the entire line becomes ineffective.

Now add a player like Rick Nash, or Bobby Ryan, or whoever I'm not getting hung up on names those are just two available. With the players we have that gives you a nice 1-2 punch, a tough line to shut down of say Kreider - Stepan - Gaborik and an equally tough line of Nash - Richards - Callahan.