View Single Post
Old
07-10-2012, 03:47 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I think it's going to be Couturier and it won't be close. I look at Couturier and I see someone who is so smart that he can be asked to do anything and he can make it look so easy. His role as the team's checking center last year showed just how versatile and good he really is. Laviolette needed to know he could trust Couturier. Couturier delivered and Laviolette is going to reward him this year. There's talk that Couturier is going to be the starting 2nd line center and he's going to get 1st team PP time. On top of it, Couturier has been working hard at power skating and the word is that he has found a top gear and he's also put on an additional 15 pounds to his frame.

As for Schenn, I like him and I think his brother is going to have a positive impact on him. With that being said, he was given every opportunity to succeed last year (when healthy) and he wasn't that impressive. Couturier had to fight for everything he had. Laviolette is going to reward Sean for his role last year and he's going to make Schenn work a bit. I could see Schenn possibly hitting 45-50 points in a 3rd line spot with Read and Talbot (who the Flyers want playing wing on the 3rd line as they feel he's good for 15 to 20 goals a year).

This is certainly going to be a fun camp to watch. I'm sure all the veterans on the team are looking forward to this "battle" that will take place because I also think both guys are going to push each other real hard.
links or it didnt happen!

If that's true i may change my vote to cooter.
I don't expect him to have a sophomore slump at all, he was very well managed this year (so he should have enough energy/drive to work hard in the offseason)

Schenn I expect to have a beastly off-season for obvious reasons (strong playoffs, short regular season, AND HIS FREAKIN BROTHER!)

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote