2013 Mock Draft
View Single Post
07-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Join Date: May 2004
2013 Mock Draft
This is a very early attempt at a 2013 Mock Draft. I've tried to use a combination of where guys fit now as well as some guys I see rising over the year. Standings are based on predicted 2012-2013 standings but please don't put a lot of emphasis on where your team is picking (the summer is still young). Comments appreciated.
1. Columbus Blue Jackets: Nathan MacKinnon F
After losing the lottery last year the Jackets get the opportunity to land their new franchise centerpiece. After taking Ryan Murray this past year and hopefully having the Rick Nash speculation done with Mackinnon makes the most sense for this franchise.
2. Anaheim Ducks: Seth Jones D
I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about the Ducks this year. If they find themselves in this spot they will have the opportunity to add a potential franchise defenseman.
3. Phoenix Coyotes: Alexander Barkov F
Phoenix is another team I see falling off this season. Barkov gives them a potential top line center with elite 2 way skills. I see him developing into a Mikko Koivu type with perhaps more offensive potential he would be a great fit in this system.
4. New York Islanders: Sean Monohan F
Another elite 2 way center who would be a great compliment to Tavares.
5. Winnipeg Jets: Curtis Lazar F
A gritty 2 way player who would be a great fit with their group of young players.
6. Nashville Predators: Ryan Pulock D
With the departure of Ryan Suter and the potential departure of Shea Weber this would be a great pickup to potentially help offset some of this loss.
7. Tampa Bay Lightning: Hunter Shinkaruk F
After passing on Jeff Skinner a couple years ago the Lightning gets chance to add another small highly skilled goal scorer.
8. Edmonton Oilers: Zachary Fucale G
I'm sure the Oilers would like to see a Seth Jones or Ryan Pulock available when they step to the podium but the potential of adding a franchise goaltender would be a great consolation prize.
9. Montreal Canadiens: Jonathan Drouin F
A highly skilled forward who I believe will be a huge riser this year playing on a great Halifax team.
10. Toronto Maple Leafs: Adam Erne F
This kid is a prototypical Brian Burke player and would make a lot of sense at this point even if Burke isn't the one making this selection.
11. Florida Panthers: Robert Hagg D
12. Colorado Avalanche: Kerby Rychel F
13. New Jersey Devils: Elias Lindholm F
14. Calgary Flames: Rasmus Ristolainen D
15. Ottawa Senators: William Carrier F
16. Washington Capitals: Valery Nichushkin F
17. Detroit Red Wings: Max Domi F
18. San Jose Sharks: Madison Bowey D
19. Minnesota Wild: Nick Sorenson F
20. Buffalo Sabres: Samuel Morin D
21. Dallas Stars: Anthony Duclair F
22. Carolina Hurricanes: Eric Comrie G
23. Boston Bruins: Bo Horvat F
24. Los Angeles Kings: Nikita Zadorov D
25. Vancouver Canucks: Josh Morrissey D
26. Pittsburgh Penguins: Alex Forsberg F
27. St. Louis Blues: Pavel Buchnevich F
28. New York Rangers: Hudson Fasching F
29. Chicago Blackhawks: Ryan Kujawinski F
30. Philadelphia Flyers: Jeremy Gregoire F
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by SeLaine