Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Jeff Halpern (1 year @ 700K)
View Single Post
Old
07-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Jonathan
Don't buy into their nonsense, these are probably all people who were in the Brian Boyle is a God in the Senator series and thought it was over once he was knocked out, but suddenly Anisimov is better defensively... what a crock of ****!

At even strength all one has to do to know how has a better defensive game is watch two things:
1) who covers when defenseman pinch, 2 players stand out at doing this Boyle first and Richards second, I can't even think to a time when Anisimov was so aware to do this when he played center and it was something I noted when this board debated how great he is defensively
2) Anisimov is a string bean and shoved around all over the ice, I don't want him in front of the net in the defensive zone where he won't be able to move a single body let alone block any shots

This is NOT a debate, Boyle is twice the player defensively Anisimov is, Boyle is by far our second best defensive forward behind only Callahan
Yeah I agree. Look, I like Anisimov. But the dude needs to **** or get off the pot. If he's not going to take the next step then we need to ****ing realize that and either embrace him for what he is or cut bait now.

Anisimov is simply not as good defensively as he can and should be. Boyle is easily the better defensive player. Again, it's why the guy gets PK time. Torts is very giving with PK time and if you are good defensively you will be out there. Anisimov is decent at covering his man in the defensive zone. Big ****ing whoop.

He's an incredibly frustrating player, really.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote