View Single Post
Old
07-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Dreakon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Please explain "the Adam treatment". The kid was given a good amount of time to try and correct his game, and he deteriorated and got worse - to the point of unbearability.

Adam was his own problem last year. If you want to veil shots at Ruff, make them accurate ones.

And if you are going to say you weren't talking about the overall demotion, you were talking about removing him from centering Poms and TV, spare us both the time. Adam was treated like every other forward on the team...when your line hits a rut, it gets juggled.
I really don't remember him being given that much time. At least not playing on a line or given minutes to actually work out of a slump or be productive. You don't see Stafford on the 4th line and eventually the AHL when he does his month-long disappearing act. And I guess the kicker was we were actually hard up for centers at the time (this being before the Hodgson trade, Grigs/Girgs, and Ennis's switch) and the kid still couldn't catch a break. If I recall correctly, he was being given John Scott style minutes in some games.

Reading interviews, it sounded like Lindy didn't really communicate with Adam much during that process either (hmm... Boyes said something strikingly similar to that, didn't he?).

Nothing about it screams "this is how a young struggling player should be handled". But hey, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Last edited by Dreakon: 07-10-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Dreakon is offline   Reply With Quote