View Single Post
Old
07-10-2012, 10:57 PM
stammerhammer91

vCash: 500
I really think there are only 2/3 forward spots left, this is really how i see things shaking out.

Malone-Stamkos-Marty
Purcell-Vinny-connolly/conacher/brown/killorn
Pouliot-Pyatt-connolly/conacher/brown/killorn
Crombeen-Thompson-Hall
Tyrell, Wilson/Wyman

Hedman-Salo
Carle-Brewer
Aulie-Lee
Bergeron, Mikkelsson/Taormina

Lindback
Garon

I see them keeping 8 defenseman with mikkelsson and taormina battling it out for the 8th spot. I think that 10 forward "spots" (as in on the NHL club, not necessarily in the lineup) are defintley taken. I think that two of the spots will be taken by 2 of connolly/conacher/brown/killorn, whichever one of them does the best in training camp and preseason. I think that tyrell has a spot because of his one way deal and speed, him and crombeen will swap in and out of the lineup along with hall. So then the final spot will be a battle between Wyman and Wilson and basically whoever looks the best that is not gonna be hurt by sitting a lot of games. Which is why i think wilson has a good shot since wyman has a 2 way deal.

So bottom line, it will be a very interesting training camp and probably one of the fiercest battles we lightning fans have seen in a long time. Personally I think connolly and brown will be the 2nd and 3rd line forwards but I really think conacher is the real deal. I think killorn needs a year in the minors to develop more but I am very high on him as well as panik too. It looks good for us right now!

stammerhammer91 is offline   Reply With Quote