Pyatt - Thompson - Hall/Tyrell/Crombeen/Wilson

Hedman - Brewer
Carle - Salo/Lee
Mikkelson - Salo/Lee
Auile - Bergeron

Lindback
Garon

Reasoning...

Stamkos already has one of his future wingers signed for the next 4 years, what would be better time than the start of the next season to see if Brett Connolly can add to the already lethal threat of Stamkos and Purcell. Aftera hard off-season with Gary Roberts Connolly should be able to handle himself on the first line. He has the potential but can he produce?

The 2nd forward line consists of the old dynamic duo of Vinny and Marty. Who better than rising star JT Brown to round this line out. Brown has the offensive potential to help contribute on this line. These 2 hard working veterans should raise the compete and skill level of Browns game

The past season we diddnt have enough scoring depth. By placing Malone and Pouliot with the harvard grad Killorn, you not only get a line that can score goals but is defensively responsible (not so much Pouliot). The size this line brings will be a huge assest to the team. One last positive is that Malone can help mold Killorn into a strong power forward given his big frame, he should be capable.

The 2 permenant fixtures on this line will be Thompson and Pyatt (likely dressing in most games because of likely injuries through out the line-up). Hall and Tyrell will play several games together re-uniting the DNA line us fans loved so much (when Pyatts playing on the 3rd line). Crombeen will be used when the finds his role. Wilson is expendable if he does not impress in camp, I see him waived and claimed in 20 games in.
The first defensive pairing was easy, I feel safe knowing that Hedman and Brewer are logging the big minutes. If Hedman played with Salo or Carle I believe hes offensive potential would be being capped somewhat. If its not brocken, don't fix it.

Carle will be logging 23-25 minutes per game on this line, with Lee seeing some time in the top 4. I feel Salo will be a 18-20 minute player, as if he plays over that that they will no longer be quality minutes. Lee has makings of top-4 defensman and just needs to round out his game and become more consistent. Sharing time between the 4 &5 spot will be very benefecial to him.

Mikkelson has no option but to perform or get moved. With young defensman eager to take his position he will be given time on the bottom pairing to prove his worth. Lee and Salo will be with Mikkelson on this bottom pairing with MAB and Auile jumping in and out of the line-up. I dont think we will play the 7th dman to often this season, so I see MAB being shopped around.

Lindback is possibly the goalie we have been waiting for, but we shouldnt rush him into 60-70 games in his first starting sesson when we have the veteran Garon ready to take on 30-35 games.

Thanks for reading, these are just my opinions remember :-). Feedback is welcomed!

Callum is offline   Reply With Quote