View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 12:39 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAbout813 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I could have sworn I read Brown chose us over a few other teams because he was going to get a chance to be an NHL starter from the get go? Or am I just making things up in my head .

In my opinion (although all seem like great options) I like Brown>Connolly>Conacher. Connolly was looking great at the end of last year, and after another summer of growing up into older frame/getting older-wiser/getting bigger, you have to figure he can really come out soaring this year.
Your right, but they never guaranteed he'd play in the NHL this season. The thing was with our team there where a lot of holes and he would have a great opportunity to compete for and win a spot, which he still does.

There were a couple of small things too, like being able to finish the season with us and make NHL money. Tom Kurvers, a UMD alumni watched and scouted him heavily, and might of had some influence on him. There's also no better undersized, undrafted, college star like St. Louis to learn from and this organization has plenty of smaller players, so it's a great environment for him. And very importantly we also have the Yzerman effect working for us.