View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 01:43 AM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
I agree with Chris that Schenn could potentially fit alongside Giroux.

As for Voracek, I want to see him with Couturier. I really think Voracek and Couturier could be a perfect match. Especially watching the highlight vids in the other thread of each player today, I really think both players were at their best offensively when they were together. Voracek-Couturier-Read would be a perfect two way third line, and would give all three players a chance to build on their successes last season.

That would leave Simmonds-Briere-Wellwood as a line. I don't mind that. Briere's game doesn't really rely much on his line mates being very talented-- he just needs room to work and he needs to be awake during the regular season to be successful. To be honest, if we were to sign Semin or Doan, I think they would fit better on this line in place of Wellwood than on Giroux's line. Giroux is going to put up the points no matter who is with him. I don't understand why everyone is so quick to finds winger for him. Isn't that what makes him (and players like Crosby, Malkin) so special? The fact that they don't need elite line mates to produce offensively?

Hartnell-Giroux-Schenn
Simmonds-Briere-Wellwood
Voracek-Couturier-Read
Fedotenko-Talbot-Rinaldo

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote