View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 02:16 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
without even considering the logjam at center, jakes elite speed and willingness to back-check make him the perfect center IMO
i've got high hopes for him...like marian hossa hopes.

I'm also in the boat of Giroux-Voracek would be epic. maybe:

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Couturier-Briere
Simmonds-Talbot-Read
Fedotenko-???-Wellwood

(you could easily swap briere to C and move cooter to the 3rd...talbot to the 4th)

that'd be a nasty top 6. and the 3rd line is made up of awesome roleplayers...we need a 4th line C though.
While the idea with Voracek at center is intriguing, I think if there is a list of center-eligible future players in our top nine, he's at the bottom regardless of his potential down the middle. I think he makes a versatile natural winger that we lack.

I would consider Read down the middle before Voracek if only for the reason that his game patterns more similarly to that of the elder version of Briere we currently have, where his effectiveness can be pretty dynamic inside as opposed to out.

Schenn obviously gets a nod down the middle. Laughton and Cousins will undoubtedly throw their name in the hat in upcoming years should they not be moved.

Then if you consider Briere on the way out in a few years down the line if not out to week even sooner, that leaves us with two centers:

xxxxx - Giroux - xxxxx
xxxxx - Couturier - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx

Now, do you imagine that...

xxxxx - Giroux - Schenn
Voracek - Couturier - Read
Simmonds - Laughton/Cousins - Wellwood/etc

Once Hartnell and Briere's contracts are over?

Or do you see it more like this longterm...

xxxxx - Giroux - Voracek
Simmonds - Schenn - Read
Laughton - Couturier - Cousins/Wellwood/etc

CS is offline   Reply With Quote