Thread: Prospect Info: Development Camp 2012 July 6th-10th
View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 02:16 AM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

vCash: 500
Man, I'm really psyched about Manchester's prospects next season. We're going to have some pretty good forwards. Pearson, Kozun, Weal, Toffoli, Andreoff, Loktionov... my expectations are pretty high for those guys.

At the same time, Dean needs to go out and get a veteran to get these guys over the hump. He can't just let them try to figure it out on their own. You've seen what a deep run in 2010 did for guys like Trevor Lewis, Slava Voynov, Kyle Clifford, Dwight King and Alec Martinez. It was Voynov's OT goal that sent the Monarchs to the Conference Finals against the Would-be AHL Champion Hershey Bears. By the way, the last three seasons... the Monarchs have been ousted in the AHL playoffs by the eventual Calder Cup Champions.

I'm hoping Dean gets a guy like Jason Williams, who's been around the block and been around his fairshare of winning teams. He'd be both a great locker room presence and a mentor to these young guys but he'd also be a pretty good addition to an AHL team. He put up 42 points in 59 AHL games last season before being called up by Pittsburgh after their rash of injuries. He then went back down and put up 13 points in 12 playoff games. These guys need the experience of a deep playoff run. And a guy like Williams could go a long way in getting there.

But that's maybe for another thread.

Last edited by Zizou: 07-11-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote