View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 03:57 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Personally I wouldn't look at it that way, if you are drafting 18th or around there, if you get someone that is a solid player for you on the bottom line then I'd be happy. Yes he should be better then a 4th liner but a number of 1st round picks don't even make the NHL full time. I look at success more in not where someone was drafted but the impact they have on our team.

Chipchura i was a fan of during his time in Hamilton and I felt he would have been someone we could have used last year on the 4th line. A White Chipchura Prust line would be fine by me.
Maybe not a complete failure, but absolutely disappointing from an expectations point of view.

Chipchura is only now, after being dumped by Anaheim. an established 4th liner. He didn't show up with us, and we had bottom-sixers outperforming him, like Lapierre, Pyatt, Metro, etc.

One could spin Nokelainen's career in the same way, since he was picked 16th overall in the same draft, but I somehow doubt Islanders fans are moping about the fact that he's found a spot with us after bouncing around in the league.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote