View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 09:28 AM
koh19

vCash: 500
Information about CIS hockey

Hey,

So there aren't many forums specifically for CIS hockey so I thought I might ask here.

This is just an idea I have, something that might happen down the road, it would be the 2013-2014 season if it ever happens, so it's nothing concrete yet but I wanna gather some information.

I want to know if it would be technically possible for me to play in the CIS.

I know the level of the league is lower than the one of the NCAA division 1 but I don't really know how good it is. From what I know, a lot of "lower level" CHL guys go on to play in the CIS, guys that perhaps aren't good enough for Pros or just wanna get a degree before they take a shot at the big leagues.

At first, following TSN and all, I thought there were only 10-12 teams in the league because they always talked about the same teams (they also always mentioned a CIS tournament and a top 10 CIS team list so for some reason I thought there were only 10 teams) but I recently found out that there are 34 teams in total. At first, when I thought there were only 10-12, I thought that I had no chance in hell to find a spot but now that I know there are 34, I think I have a better shot.

Of course it also depends on my hockey and academic level but first I wanted to know if you guys could help me with very basic knowledge on how the CIS works.

koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote