View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
It sure as hell does affect his value, at least in my books. You have to try to build a team around character guys and Kane would totally defeat the purpose. Can you imagine him showing up at practice totally hung over when you have guys in the gym working like mad?

I wouldn't touch that guy if they gave him to us... and yes, I'm dead serious. I'd rather pay for a guy who's worth it, both on and off the ice.
this...

and it goes beyond the direct negative impact his behaviour can have on the room.

His antics show a complete lack of both self-control and self-awarness. If he's really not bright enough to figure out how to be a bit more discrete with his boorish behaviour, he's hardly the kind of individual you can entrust a massive contract to.

You don't trade the kind of assets you'd have to give up for Kane, not intent on re-signing long-term, and his character issues and lack of maturity (that seems to be getting worse over time, as opposed to improving) make him a volatile asset.

his talent isn't worth the potential headaches, let alone the assets it would take to get him