View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Dont like Kane for the reasons people have posted above, Id go after Ryan if I was looking at moving Pleks. Ryan appears to have some pouting issues but they are nothing to how Kane seems to be carrying on. However I wouldnt look at moving Pleks now anyway. The best time to trade is when you are moving a guy from a position you are deep in. I guess because of Gally people think we are deep at center, but Gally is not Crosby. Gally may need at least another year of junior, so he may be a year or two away, or he may never make it , thats reality. Eller came along nicely last year and hopefully we give him the opportunity with a good winger to keep improving, but at this point he isnt a top 2 center. So if you trade Pleks now, we may be a center short on the top 6, which is a big problem both short term and long term. At the very least we need to go through training camp and if the Habs think Gally can step in right away, and hope to God they are right if they make that call, then you can look at moving a center. Sure, by then it will likely be too late to trade for Ryan lets say, but that is how it goes. Trading Pleks right now is a huge and unnecessary risk to take, Were trying to rebuild or retool and thankfully we have some vey good pieces, but we cant afford big mistakes right now, all our moves have to be prudent and well thought out, no lets move Pleks and hope Gally can step in or Eller really steps up, cross our fingers stuff.
If you trade Pleks now, unless you are getting ridiculous return, you are risking the development of Eller and Galcheyuk as they may end up rushed and their development derailed.