View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Barklez

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Barrie, on the other hand, looked like he at least belonged and was figuring it out. I'm pretty bummed that we've put so many bodies in front of Barrie and Gaunce as I think both of them could actually make the jump this season, so hopefully one of them forces Sherman to move somebody to make room, although I don't think Gaunce will get that chance with the number of lefties ahead of him. Plus I think they'd like to test out how he plays with Elliott and Barrie in the AHL and so may keep him down for the whole year so he can gel with Elliott.
I've been trying to figure out how to put this for a while now and this basically sums it up. Elliott looked a bit like a boy amongst men at times. Barrie, on the other hand, while being shorter than Elliot is a really solid looking guy.

Barrie and a bunch of other NHLers were in town a few weeks ago for the Schenn's charity golf tourney. They were out at the bar the one night and even standing next to guys like Franson, Cowen, and Schenn he didn't look out of place, like he could hold his own in the corner with any of them.

In hindsight I just wish I had gotten Bozak's autograph... opportunity of a lifetime wasted right there.