View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 10:29 AM
centrehice

vCash: 500
If Cole Patches and DD are set as the first line, I would really like to see Gomez given 1 more opportunity in a top 6 role. I know he's been given many chances, but hopefully he has something to prove after last year, and comes to camp with a fire in his belly.

I would try him at left wing with Pleks and Gionta. Seems like a small line, but Gionta and Gomez are battlers, and it might be worth a look. Obviously Gionta and Gomez have history together. New coach, new GM, new chance IMO. If he can get back to 60-70 pts, we wouldn't have to send him down, and some cap floor teams may even be interested in taking his last year off our hands.

My worst fear, is having him center the 3rd line, and putting Eller on the wing. Eller should be in the teams future plans, and has played better at C, so I don't htink we should slow his development for Gomez. The only way I'd like to see him moved to wing, is if he's given a top 6 role.

The other option/scenario, is him taking a top 6 C position if DD doesn't repeat his great year.

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote