View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 11:26 AM
koreaboy

vCash: 500
one thing that morrow has that foligno never had was that morrow has a history of being an absolutely key, go-to, heart-and-soul, carry-his-team-in-the-playoffs history. he also has an olympic gold. in his prime morrow was a glue guy, a leader, a key cog. foligno i doubt will ever be that. one thing that has always stuck with me about morrow- pierre macguire a couple of years back was talking about how good morrow was playing in the playoffs and how he was discussing it with his good friend scotty bowman. bowman also apparently raved about morrow and said at that point in the playoffs he was clearly the playoff MVP for his team. i think scotty bowman knows a thing or two about winning in the playoffs and about how valuable players are.

now, all that being said, i don't think we should be trading a top prospect for morrow. morrow has a lot of really hard miles on him and taking him on at this stage wouldnt be worth the risk. realistically, we arent that one player away from winning it all and giving up a top prospect to get him for a year doesnt make sense. if dallas were somehow looking to dump him and were willing to take a lesser player or asset i'd consider it, but they won't, so it probably won't happen.