View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 11:47 AM
danaluvsthekings

vCash: 500
If I were their agents, I'd be telling them to get the biggest deals they can now, because there's no clue what the CBA is going to look like in the future. On the other hand, I could see why the players might have some questions about committing long term.

I would imagine any new CBA is going to be extremely important to Anaheim because they can't afford/don't have an owner who is currently willing to spend to the cap max. They were what, around $10 mil below the ceiling last season. If the cap ceiling isn't lowered some, I think that does become an issue for Getzlaf and Perry. It is hard to build a complete roster if you're not spending near the cap ceiling.

Do Ducks fans worry about the makeup of their roster impacting Getzlaf and Perry's decisions on whether or not to re-sign? Teemu isn't going to be around forever, same goes for Koivu. If they retire after this season, what do the Ducks do for a 2nd line? Do you think that a group of forwards that could very well be made up of largely unproven players impact their decision.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote