Old
07-11-2012, 01:40 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1224069

That is a thread where a poster finds a Liepold quote from April in which he claims the Wild aren't making money due to expenses being too high and he further iterates the highest expense is player salaries. So he makes that statement and then adds 200 million in salary over 13 years for 2 players. There is only two possible conclusions to those comments and the subsequent events.

One, he is spending money he doesn't have ( That didn't work out too good here) or he is a liar. There is a reason everyone here calls him Liepold. The man is a liar. He lied, IMO, when he exaggerated the losses the Preds were incurring to get out from under the team and forced us to fight to keep our team from a sniveling greedy billionaire. I understand he is your owner and now that you have signed two great players right now he is Mr. doing everything right and I totally understand how you feel that way. I can't stand the guy. When I hear his voice I am disgusted. I will be watching the situation closely up there in Minny from now on.
Honest question with no "troll" intent:

Wasn't Leipold instrumental in getting a franchise in Nashville in the first place? If it wasn't for him, would there be a franchise at all?

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote