View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 12:50 PM
elvisisalive

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
2nd in a good draft , Beaulieu first round draft pick (17th) (projected top 10 pick)

Plekanec is at least arguably equal to Sharp...Sharp has better linemates , better team overall , less pressure to produce , less pk time..
Diaz + 2nd and a legitimate prospect isn't enough for Hjalmarsson talk about
over evaluating your own team (Homerism).
Homerism? Pleks is not equal to Sharp. I hate it when someone types in the word Arguably so as to validate the point they are stretching. Hammer is very good at what he does, but not so good in other aspects of his game. He's not going to turn into a 40 point player by magically tapping into his offensive potential. he will block shots with abandon, fire the puck out of the zone when under pressure, work the corners hard, and every once in a while knock somebody into next week. is that worth Pleks straight up, no. So in short to get Pleks, and make it an even hockey trade, it's not going to be Sharp, and would more than Hammer to get him. And no that doesnt mean include Bolland, but it should mean one of our higher rated prospects. Danault sticks out to me, by keeping Bolland he becomes no more than a 4th line center for us. Im guessing the Habs new GM had a say in getting him drafted in the first place. In my mind, thats what Id be willing to give up, maybe a second tier prospect like Morin as well, but thats as far as i would go

elvisisalive is offline   Reply With Quote