View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
Yep. Ott is a fun addition. He hits a lot and he starts a lot of ****, but when it comes down to it, he's not going to make us feel any better about playing Boston because whoever he does fight is gonna kick his ass. When it comes to fighting, the Sabres still aren't put together quite right.

Scott will kick everybody's ass, but nobody will fight him.
McCormick is solid vs middle weights, but just not up to going with Lucic, Thornton, or any similar type guys.
Kaleta is an extremely entertaining fighter, but just not willing to drop them enough.
Weber is willing, but terrible.
Ott is more willing than Kaleta, but also pretty terrible.
Regehr's the type that will step up if nobody else is willing, but he's also kind of terrible.

The real hope for this team's future as far as fighting, that is to say guys who are both willing to fight and entertaining to watch fight, are the youngins. Tropp, Foligno, and McNabb. Tropp and Foligno were solid last year. McNabb has to step it up. When i used to think about the Sabres matching up with Lucic, my mind went directly to Kassian. Right now it doesn't go to anybody really, but i'm hoping someday it will actually be Foligno.
Lucic doesn't fight anyway, so what's it matter who will match up with him?

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote