View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
i agree johnny. i think we have to watch overhyping this kid. i really think his top end is as a solid, 2-way, 2nd line forward getting 50-60 pts a year.
Yeah and there's no guarantee he reaches his top end. I've thought since the draft that we reached with him...would have much preferred someone like Couturier or Hamilton since we were unable to trade up for Landeskog or Strome.

With that said, he could become a valuable player for us. I never even suggested trading for Morrow in the first place -- just pointing out that he'd be valuable on our team and would likely produce enough if he were playing with Spezza or Turris (which he most likely would) to offset whatever we gave up to get him. I don't think he's even being traded.

trent our situation is nothing like Toronto's or Calgary's. Neither of them have the young talent we have. Spezza, Karlsson, Michalek, Turris, Cowen, Methot, Anderson (dunno how 31 makes him aging...as though he's old or something), Bishop and bottom 6 we have great young guys like Smith, Greening and co. Guys like Silfverberg, Noesen, Stone, Da Costa and maybe Hoffman look like they could make the jump this year. On top of this we have a ton of prospects. The situations are completely different -- namely having a superstar #1 centre and one of the best young defencemen in the league. We already have the pieces to build around AND prospects. Calgary and Toronto were old, devoid of prospects and are moving laterally. Ottawa is pretty much the opposite.