Thread: Confirmed with Link: Brandon Prust to Montreal [4 years, $10M]
View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 02:15 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
The point was I did what you did... compared a players worst season, to another players best. You can make any player look bad that way.

I don't want to overly defend Gomez, as I hated the trade from day one, but to say Prust is more offensive than Gomez is just plain wrong. There's a reason someone was stupid enough to give him over 7million a year, and it's not because he "makes a play every 5 games"

All I said was he needs to be given a chance to see if he can rebound. I can't imagine they won't take a look, and see which Gomez they got this year, especially since it's a new coaching staff. If he looks anything like last year, he'll be in the minors.
Even if Gomez brings slightly more offensively (and certainly not goal scoring) at this point than Prust he's significantly worse in every other aspect of the game.

With Prust the third line can play against good opposition. With Gomez it needs to be sheltered. Sheltering the third line means more responsabilities again for poor Plekanec who should be allowed to focus on offense once in a while.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 07-11-2012 at 02:23 PM.
FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote