View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frugal Gourmet View Post
Right. Well, it's very possible his health never returns. But if it does, he's not as bad as you say.
I'm saying he's not best for a checking role. That doesn't play to his strengths nor is it able to hide his weaknesses.

I'll ask again does anyone really want to see Morrow attempting to check Pat Kane as he blazes down the wing? I know how about Eberle, Hall or Yakupov in Edmonton, Parise in Minnesota, Corry Perry, Carter or Williams in LA...

His footspeed in a checking or transition role against the best in the West is a disaster waiting to happen. His defense itself is probably adequate but the rest of his game lends itself to taking hooking, holding, or interference penalties or just being beat on a regular basis. It was why he got pushed down to the 4th line last year because he couldn't perform in a 3rd line capacity. He's been relegated out of top six minutes by better players and his skillset does not lend to being an average or above average checker then his value to the team is greatly diminished, which means they should trade him for whatever they can get.

This is a better Stars team than the last three season's versions but I still picture them having problems defending and keeping the puck out of their own net at times. I see Morrow as part of that problem, not a solution to it. Do you disagree Frugal?

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote