View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
I dont understand how some people can have Rychel, Lazar, Duclair and Drouin in their lineups. Hockey Canada usually only goes with the elite 17 year olds like Tavares, Stamkos etc. Even RNH and Seguin were left off as 17yo's. I thought I was pushing it by including Mackinnon, and two draft eligble 18yo's in Monahan and Shinkaruk.
Well, Hockey Canada will soon have to realize that, as more and more 18 and 19 year old players stick with the NHL team and are not released to the jr. team, that those particular players will have to be replaced with equally talented 17 year old and undrafted 18 year olds. The naming of players just because they are 19 and the WJHC is a tournament for 19 year old players is a philosophy that's not entirely been working these past few years. Players like Mackinnon and Drouin are better bets to replace those NHL players than some 19 year hulking OHLer who was picked more for his age than his skill set. Hockey Canada is going to have to change philosophies a little bit.