View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 03:18 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
people forget but Lindback saved our season in 10-11.... Rinne missed something like 13 games and he went 10-3, and we actually moved up substantially in the standings when he was starting evey day not once a month...

I think if he winsthe starting job out of camp and the defense in front of him isnt total crap he will be a solid starter..
I was going to say something along these lines. In 10-11 Rinne got hurt in the first game, and had Lindback not come in playing pretty damn good hockey (his first every regular season games in NA, mind you) there is a change the Preds don't make the playoffs. Almost certainly they would have been a lower seed and been bounced in the first round.

Lindback had a rough season, but he was never really able to get into a groove. Between 6 March and 7 April Lindback played in five games, starting four of them, and going 3-1 in those starts (we lost the 6 March game to the Kings 5-4, but Lindback only played 15 minutes of that game giving up no goals on 4 shots). During those five games his GAA was 1.00 (1.25 without the 6 March game). His SV% was .946 (.933 without the 6 March game).

I'm not saying that he definitely can take the reigns and be a great goalie, but the kid has shown he has the chops. He had a rough season, sure, but it was his second season in North America at all, let alone the best league in the world. I think he is much like Rinne both in style and size, but I think Lindback also shares Rinne's ability to get better if used as a workhorse.

Don't be too impatient with him. He is 24. Let him settle in, and I'll bet you guys end up very happy with the trade.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote