View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 04:22 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNState0fHockey View Post
Financial problems? Hardly. They just dished out $198 million in contracts to two players. Our majority owner's wife runs SC Johnson (worth billions). I'm sorry, but buy a clue.

The NHL let an owner take a franchise out of Minnesota for all the wrong reasons once. They realized their mistake quickly and granted us a new team in less than 7 years. Won't happen EVER again.

And again, my comment wasn't meant as an insult. In fact, it wasn't my comment at all. They were Suter's words.

Fact of the matter is, you aren't a big hockey area outside of the NHL. Assuming Suter meant that he wants his kids to grow up in a hockey-strong community (there is no stronger one that MN in this country) where they have the best chance to play and succeed. There is no comparison between Nashville and Minnesota in this regard. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
I don't think the Wild will ever be moved, but I don't think Leipold will own them forever either. Also, like others have said, Helen, isn't going to bail him out, we found that out.

Leipold is a bad business man, he's never been successful, go look at the articles of how he ran off corporate support here and really pissed on the music industry leaders here. Ask people from his home town how well he treated them after buying his hometown factory.

Don't worry, his interest seems to last about 10 years then he's moving on to another failed attempt.

I've always respected the Wild until Liarpold took over, and now Benedict Suter has joined him.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote