View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 05:27 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks4Life View Post
I agree with your general statement that he has been given chances, but to say that he should be leetching points when he spent all of last season with dan "its my ******* puck" boyle and the season before that swapping with demers and braun two youngsters is kind of a joke. and to further prove my point the year before that he was with blake when blake's play had CLEARLY declined, and the year before that he was with blake and put up numbers similar to suter. In essence while he has been given some what of a chance there really hasn't been a point where he should be leetching points off of his partner except for 08-09 when he put up 6g 30a 36p in 82gms. As for playing time on the PP if your at the point with a guy like dan boyle how much you think your really gonna get the puck?
The real problem is that he has zero chemistry with Boyle. He's such a solid d-man that he can still play his game even with a partner he has limited chemistry with, but he's not going to be improved by playing with Boyle.

Vlasic is not Weber, he is not going to create for himself very often, but paired with the right partner he can absolutely be a 30p player. He showed that with Blake, and he showed that with Burns. Stuart will be paired with Boyle (which is good since Boyle needs a more physical partner) and that means Vlasic will be with Burns. Ideal situation for him and barring injury he's going to have a career season. Getting him locked up now is incredibly smart.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote