View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 06:23 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I'll try this just for pure fun. Based on the first 15 prospects voted here in another thread.

Then I'll keep this post to see how wrong I am in a couple of years...

1. Alex Galchenyuk, C -- Average first line center, but first line center nonetheless. Won't have impressive numbers, but will be a coach's player. Will be better in playoffs than in regular season.

2. Nathan Beaulieu, D -- Good #2 to #4 d-man. Will never be the most efficient in his own territory, neither in the o-zone, but will be a nice complementary piece to the premiere d-man point producer for the team he will play for. Eternal second PP unit.

3. Jarred Tinordi, D -- Valuable stay-at-home d-man. Long career from #4 to #7 d-man. Will need to be paired with the perfect fit to be as good as he can.

4. Louis Leblanc, C/RW -- Coach's player, good third liner with occasional top lines duty. Will have a couple of seasons during which people will think he finally breakout (points), but it will never go higher than during these seasons.

5. Sebastien Collberg, RW -- Speedy winger, will have problems to translate his offensive potential in the NHL. After a few seasons alternating between second line and third or fourth, will go back in Europe. Think Anti Nieminen.

6. Brendan Gallagher, RW -- Constant yet average point producer on any line he will play. Long career as a complimentary point producer in the Cliff Ronning mold. Will end up having play for many teams.

7. Morgan Ellis, D -- Another coach's player, in the Josh Gorges mold. An interesting #5-6 d-man to have around.

8. Danny Kristo, RW -- Good third liner, what Chris Higgins could have been. Occasional top lines duty. Will end up playing for many team as an interesting complementary part.

9. Dalton Thrower, D -- Will have some chances because of his character and shot, but will never be more than a #5-#7 d-man. Short career. Lots of injuries.

10. Michael Bournival, C -- Star in the AHL, with some valuable moments on a third or fourth line in the NHL. Could become the ideal 13th forward.

11. Mac Bennett, D -- Will be a late bloomer, reaching the NHL when people will have forgot about him, and will surprise with his smooth skating. But beside 1 or 2 seasons during which a struggling team will take a chance on him as a regular point man, he will never be more than a #5-#7 d-man, helpful when one of the PP point man is injured. Think about Lee Norwood a few years ago.

12. Tim Bozon, LW -- Career AHLer with some cups of coffee in the NHL. Not good enough to be a sniper or a real power forward, and not strong or gritty enough to be a real third or fourth liner. Will end up playing in Europe.

13. Patrick Holland, C -- Will surprise a lot of people by becoming a good second line center, but without a true "personality" or edge, so he will end up playing for a lot of struggling teams. Could become a poor man Andrew Cassels.

14. Aaron Palushaj, RW -- What you see now is what it will always be. Somewhere between the AHL and NHL. Will try in the KHL in 1 or 2 years.

15. Darren Dietz, D -- Serviceable spare part in the NHL. Will have a few good season as a #4-#6 d-man, but nothing to write home about.

Now, we'll see... lol
I like when our fans are realistic, but you would think at least one or two of those players will become a star.

I think Thrower will make a lot of teams wish they never passed on him. He's already a very good defenceman, and he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. Actually, more like a boulder. Like Subban: talent, character and drive.

Collberg could also be the best Habs pick of the draft.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote