View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Leetch66

vCash: 500
Beukeboom was a great guy even as a kid . I met him back in or around 1981 when he was playing Tier 2 in Newmarket Ontario . I worked at a local store and Beuk was in quite a bit for some colas and such...he was about 15-16 and a big kid too but very quiet and friendly . I attended a lot of the games...and there was a lot of wild finishes in some of those games . Tier 2 hockey in Canada in the 80's was quite the event on the weekends...usually always a brawl at some point over a weekend .

One Friday night the game was out of reach and we had been yapping at the tough guys on the visiting team and before we knew it...they were pulling a Milbury on us and were climbing into the stands . We made a mad scramble to the back doors and booted it out of there . LOL...I still remember Beuk coming across the ice and hauling a guy off the glass . They were fun times back then...Junior hockey is just not as exciting as it used to be...much like the NHL . The purists and figure skaters have won the battle . Unfortunately....Beuk would be a dinosaur in the game today .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote