View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Sabresfansince1980

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Well, I assume it to be "the line that doesn't have Ennis or Hodgson on it". Most likely to have Leino, possible Pominville or Ott depending on how they want the lines to look (Pommer would make sense with the idea of physical grinder/playmaker/sniper [G/P/S] per line)

Vanek-Hodgson-Ott (S-P-G)
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford (G-P-S)
Leino-Adam-Pominville (P-G-S)
Gerbe-McCormick-Kaleta (typical energy line)
I believe Ott would play LW and Vanek would slide over to RW. I doubt Adam makes the team unless Ruff has no other choice at C, but if so Adam would be the "S" on that line since his shot is his best skill. Pominville would be a little "P" and "S", while Leino would actually be the "G" due to his excellent board work the last six weeks, with a little "P" thrown in.

It may very well turn out that Regier waits until after camp to decide on that 3rd C spot. With Grigs, Adam, and even Porter or Girgs being outside possibilities. If...IF...Adam can prove himself enough to start at C I wouldn't be too unhappy with that position's lack of experience when they have five wingers collectively for a veteran presence. We as fans will just have to expect some major mental gaffes along the way, but if the talent is legit we'll be looking good in a short year or two.

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote