Thread: Value of: Bobby Ryan to Pittsburgh
View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Emerald Duck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
I see where you are coming from especially since Staal for Ryan was such a big trade option before Staal got traded but I thought you guys had a need for defense as well especially since you have top notch offensive prospects?
Originally (pre-draft) we were looking for a 2C, Top 4D and pick/prospect for Ryan if we had to move him and someone was willing to meet Murray's price.

We drafted Lindholm at #6, and combined with Vatanen, Clark and Welinski, we are doing well with young d prospects. Vatanen will compete for a roster spot this year and join with Fowler and Sbisa. In free agency we signed Bryan Allen and Sheldon Souray to 3 yr contracts. Along with Beachemin and Lydman, so now our blue line looks stable (good, average or bad we shall see) with a good blend of veterans and youth heading into training camp.

I'd guess that if we had to move Bobby Ryan today, we would still be looking for a 2C along with a young Top 6 winger and a pick/prospect. Goal is to be salary neutral if possible, depending on the 2C. We're not interested in players one year from UFA or over 30 considering Ryan is 25 and signed for 3 more years.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote