View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 09:53 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Show me where I said to trade Stepan. I'll wait.

Hagelin I would be more than willing to trade for Nash. Nash would more than replace his production, and is a significantly better player than Hagelin.

Anyone who looks at a trade like this and goes "but he has to come in and replace the production of these two players!" has to realize how a roster works. Nash wouldn't have to replace Dubinsky and Hagelin's production - he'd only have to replace one of them. Someone else either already on the roster or acquired via trade or free agency will be tasked with replacing the other's production. We're going to dress 12 or 13 forwards most nights. Trading two guys for one doesn't mean we'll only be dressing 10.
To be fair, I never did see you mention Stepan in any trade talks. I would do Dubinsky and Hagelin as well for Nash with no problem. The thing is, Howson has made it fairly clear that any deal needs to be built around Stepan.

I under stand your point on how a roster is built, and agree so lets say we replace Nash with Hagelin. But by this method of thinking, keeping Hagelin, and Dubi, and adding lets say Kostitsyn to the third line, produces the same 16 goal increase, that Nash replacing Hagelin adds, also this keeps Dubi's production with the possibility of him returning to 40 plus pt form, and is more cost effective.

The only thing the Nash move adds that would be better, is a Name, and increase Cap postion.

Hell again wolski was just signed for 600k for 1 year, and mueller was signed for 1 year around 1.8 mill. Now with Mueller off the board, I am strongly hoping a 1 yr deal for Kostitsyn or Sykora happen.